FAQs About Our Store and Downloading At ClassicSelect World Digital
Q. Why a separate store - why not just integrate digital items into ClassicSelect World?
A. We use an e-commerce service provider named Shopify, and so far, Shopify can not supply us with an automatic system where customers who would purchase a digital offering could be charged immediately - and therefore receive their download immediately - as well as NOT charge a customer for a CD or DVD until that item is leaving our warehouse. We did try this at ClassicSelect, and found that it created tremendous problems - and so with these new stores we hope to solve a problem.
We also wanted CSWD to be a website where customers go for information on where to find the music they love - and while we would LOVE it if you stayed and purchased your digital items with us, we also know that finding digital releases at the digital retailers can be unbelievably difficult and confusing, so we're trying to offer a service to help you find what you're looking for.
Q. How does the downloading of my purchase work?
The process is very similiar to how we handled downloading at ClassicSelect and ClassicSelect World. In fact, we're just going to cut and paste the instructions right here:
Primarily, the digital boxes we carry at CSWD are large - so large that the first warning is IF YOU DO NOT HAVE BROADBAND INTERNET ACCESS, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DOWNLOAD THESE BOXES.
Your download consists of MP3 files, which will play in any digital music player (iTunes, for example). You will have to manually load them into your player, which is a simple process.
When you complete your purchase, you will immediately be offered a chance to download the ZIP file folder. Or, you will also receive an email within minutes that gives you a link and very complete instructions on how to download the folder.
The instructions are the same if you download from the shopping cart after purchase, or by clicking on the link in the email.
HERE are those instructions:
1. By clicking the email link or the box that says "Download Now" on your confirmation page, you will receive a ZIP folder with the audio files inside. Depending on your broadband capacity, this could take less about 2 minutes, or more than 5. If you don't have broadband capacity, you probably should not try downloading this large set.
2. Unzip the folder (which is usually done with an easy click). Remember the location where you saved the unZIPped folder.
3. Open your player of choice - these files are compatible with ANY digital music player, whether you use iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon, for example.
4. Import the folder into your library. Usually this is done by using a pull down menu under "File" in the upper left hand corner. Click on "Add Folder to Library" in the pull down menu. Then locate the folder on your computer's hard drive, click on it, and the music player will automatically add the folder to your library.
5. You should now be able to browse through your music library and listen to the music you just purchased. Your link will allow you to download the file folder three times, if you have any problems. You can also listen to these files on an unlimited number of devices.
Q. What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept PayPal, Amazon Pay, all major credit cards, Google Pay, Apple Pay and Shopify Pay.
Q. I live outside the United States - can I download items at ClassicSelect World Digital?
Yes, absolutely. There is a pull down menu on every product page for you to choose your local currency.
Right now we accept: USD, CAD, GBP, AUD, JPY, EUR, NZD, SGD, HGD, HKD, DKK
Q. Can I download my items more than once?
Yes, you absolutely can. There is no limit to the number of times you can re-download a purchase here at CSWD. You should save your confirmation email just in case.